- Download the latest version of VirtualBox from the official page.
- Download the BackTrack 5 ISO from the official page
- After installing VirtualBox, let's launch it and try to set up a new Virtual Machine:
Click New –>Continue –> Next Name (Select Ubuntu 64Bit) –> Next Select Ram (Assign at least 30%) –> Next Check “Boot Disk” à Create New Hard Disk Continue –> “Dynamically Expanding Storage” –> Choose Location –> Size (Minimum of Continue –> Done
- Your Disk Configuration should look similar to this:
Click Settings (We are going to leave mosts defaults on for everything for this How-To) Click Storage à With “IDE Storage” Selected click the Drive Icon with the plus sign on it à Choose Add CD/DVD à Choose Disk à Navigate to the BT5 ISO you had downloaded Click Display and assign at least 64MB Click Ok Open Terminal and enter the Following VboxManage setextradata “Backtrack” “CustomVideoMode1″ “1100x740x16″
Click Start Click inside the window –> Tab –> Choose “Backtrack Text”
- Once the boot sequence completes you will already be in a root shell.
root@bt:~# rm /root/.kde/cache-*
- Once Backtrack Launches Double Click the “Install Backtrack Icon” and follow the steps from here.
- After the setups is finished, shut down Backtrack.
Click Settings in Virtual Box Manager à Click Storage à With “IDE Storage” selected remove the Live-ISO distribution Click Start to launch Backtrack
- Now lets download the Vbox Guest Addon using wget.
- Now issue the following commands:
root@bt:~# mount –o loop VBoxGuestAdditions_4.0.8.iso /a root@bt:~# cd /a root@bt:~# chmod a+x VBoxLinuxAdditions.run root@bt:~# ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- Reboot and enjoy!