Required Tools and Preparation
- USB Thumbdrive (Minimum USB Drive capacity 4 GB)
- Backtrack 5 ISO file, md5sum verified.
- UNetbootin – A tool to transfer an iso image to a USB drive
Note: you can now save changes made to the system across reboots (persistence).
- Download the latest BackTrack iso from our BackTrack Download page.
- Download UNetbootin, latest version (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Plug in your USB Drive
- Format the USB drive to FAT32
- Start Unetbootin and select the “diskimage” option, choose a BackTrack 5 ISO file.
- Select the amount of space to use for persistence in MB
- Select your USB drive and click “OK” for creating a bootable BackTrack USB drive.
- Once rebooted, remember that the default username and password are root / toor.