- First we need to install the flux-for-back package which will grab everything we need in order to get FluxBox running.
root@bt:~# apt-get install flux-for-back
- After the script is installed we will see that it automatically starts to setup FluxBox.
- Once the script is finished you will be presented with a message which tells you to start your FluxBox.
- However before we restart there is one thing that we have to do, we will have to make tell BackTrack to run FluxBox on the startx command and not it's default WM.
root@bt:~# echo exec /usr/bin/startfluxbox > ~/.xinitrc root@bt:~# shutdown -r 0
- Reboot your BackTrack and enjoy FluxBox!
NOTE: In order to revert back to the default WM all you have to do is delete the .xinitrc file.
Ref: http://www.backtrack-linux.orgroot@bt:~# rm -rf ~/.xinitrc root@bt:~# shutdown -r 0